Neha Kakkar Biography
As we are digging into the personal life of celebrities, it is time to check about Neha Kakkar. She is one of the most sensational singers in the country right now. As there is a craze about Neha Kakkar around the country, especially among teenagers, it’s time to get answers to many questions. After marrying Rohanpreet Singh, she has been on news many times. She has been a sensational musician in our country. If you are familiar with the party song, Sunny Sunny from Yaariyan, then you might connect your nostalgia. In this article, we will try to enlighten you with Neha Kakkar’s biography.
Before proceeding with the early life, education, and career, we would like to give you an overview of this personality. Though she has been performing since her childhood, she came into prominence with the song Second Hand Jawaani from Cocktail. You can get to hear her voice in London Thumakda from the film, Queen. There is a lot more to check in this article. So, stick to the article and know everything about Neha Kakkar’s biography. Before digging deep into the biography, let me mention her age, height, religion, etc.
Neha Kakkar’s Age – As of June 2021, she is 33 years old.
Neha Kakkar’s Height – She is 5” tall.
Neha Kakkar’s Husband’s Name – Rohanpreet Singh
Neha Kakkar’s Husband’s Age – 26
Neha Kakkar’s Religion – Hindu
Neha Kakkar’s Early Life and Education
Who can predict the girl who would charge Rs 50 for a song can charge in lakhs in the future? Yes, that’s what Neha Kakkar does. This is an inspiring story of a singer who didn’t have so much formal training, never went to college but made a dent in the music industry. She was born on 6th June 1988 in an amazing place, Rishikesh in Uttarakhand. Born to Rishikesh Kakkar and Niti Kakkar, Neha did her schooling at New Holy Public School, Delhi. She never went to college instead, she started her career as a singer very early, she had an obsession with music at the age of 4 from when she started to perform at local gatherings and religious events. We don’t know much about her early life in Neha Kakkar’s biography. So, let’s focus on her career.
Digging into Neha Kakkar’s biography and there won’t be a description about her career, it’s not possible. After she left home with her brother, Tony Kakkar in 2004. When she was 18, she started to give audition for some reality shows including the second season of Indian Idol. Unfortunately, she got eliminated very early in the show. But destiny had something else. She launched her first debut album named Neha the Rockstar along with Meet Bros.
It was her time for struggling. She lent her voice for Meerabai Not Out with the song Hai Rama along with Sukhwinder Singh. during this time, she recorded her album, Romeo Juliet with her brother. Then she gave her voice as a chorus for the theme song of Blue. In this time, she also appeared in a movie named Isi Life Mein…! in 2010. She performed in Telugu and Kannada music industry also. She did many playbacks during her struggling time until she came into prominence with the song Second Hand Jawaani from Cocktail.
She has also been famous for her love for Shah Rukh Khan. She released SRK Anthem on YouTube in 2012 for which she was appreciated by Shah Rukh Khan. Later in her career after the big hit of Second Hand Jawaani, she went on to lend her voice for the films such as Prague, Ramaiya Vastavaiya, etc. Another hit came with the song Sunny Sunny collaborated with Honey Singh, she became familiar with the country’s famous musicians. The collaboration with Tanishk Bagchi pushed her career to a different level from where she didn’t have to look back.
Some of her later popular songs are –
- Ek Do Teen Chaar from Ek Paheli Leela
- London Thumakda from Queen
- Tukur Tukur from Dilwale
- Mile Ho Tum from Fever
- Kala Chashma from Baar Baar Dekho
- Akkad Bakkad along with Badshah
- Kar Gayi Chull from Kapoor & Sons
- Badri Ki Dulhaniya from Badrinath Ki Dulhania
- Main Tera Boyfriend from Rabta
- Coca Cola Tu from Luka Chupi
Though there are many popular songs, we just added only 10 of them which were hugely hit. Next, let’s see some of the lesser-known facts about this personality.
Interesting Facts about Neha Kakkar
- Her father used to sell Samosas outside her sister’s college for a livelihood.
- Neha Kakkar used to sing especially at Mata ki Chowkis and Jagratas.
- Who knew the girl who never went to music school was going to judge Indian Idol in the future?
- She has been very active on social media with over 60 million followers on Instagram.
- She has already performed more than 1000 shows.
- Before marrying Rohanpreet Singh, she was in a relationship with Himansh Kohli.
- For taking too many selfies a day, she is known as the Selfie queen.
- She is one of the most viewed female artists with 4.2 billion views on YouTube.
- She has been mentioned as Asia’s 100 Digital Stars by Forbes.
- She has also appeared in Forbes India Celebrity 100 in 2017 and 2019.
- She is the first Indian singer to win the YouTube Diamond Award.
- She is one of the highest-paid singers for which she is also called the Indian Shakira.
- She is obsessed with Shah Rukh Khan and her favorite actress is Jacqueline Fernandez.
- Her favorite film is The Shaukeens.
- Her favorite musicians are A.R. Rahman, Yo Yo Honey Singh, Bohemia, Nyvaan, and Shannon Donald.
- Along with Daler Mehndi and the Indian Ocean band’s Rahul Ram, she sang the national anthem for Pro Kabaddi League.
- During her depression, she almost wanted to commit suicide but she stood strong always.
Hope this article about Neha Kakkar’s biography enlightened you.
Also Read: Learn Forget